Captain Kirk’s 10 Best Fighting Moves, in GIF Form

Shatner Chop

Take this, Ensign Whatsyername!

Long ago, in a galaxy fa– wait, that’s not it. Long ago, in internet terms, like two years ago, WatchMojo.com made a video about the fighting style of Star Trek‘s Captain Kirk — played, of course, by William Shatner. It’s over six minutes long and if you have the time for such a thing, you can watch it at the bottom of this page.

Or you can just zip through Shatner’s moves as convenient, if cryptic, animated GIFs.

Captain Kirk Fight Moves

Captain Kirk Fight Moves

Published on: July 17, 2015

Filled Under: News, Popular, Top News, TV

Views: 149967

12 Responses to Captain Kirk’s 10 Best Fighting Moves, in GIF Form

1. Mark Maselli says:

Laugh all you want, nobody does it better! OK except Batman.

2. Shatner's awesome! Lol

3. Bill Dunbar says:

The narrator doesn’t know the difference between the U.S. Army and the U. S. Air Force… this man’s not American! Blood pressure’s all wrong…his body temperature…Jim, this man is a Klingon!

4. Tony says:

These would be great without the text and “SPLAT” overlays :/

• Agreed. I’d rather see it without the Batman graphics.

On the subject of Kirk-Fu, which I first read in a martial arts magazine about 22 yrs ago, I’ve long wondered about the philosophy of hand to hand on the show. There was obviously a unified thought here. Just like they consulted scientist on the technical aspects of the show, I know someone was behind this. Have never heard or read a word about it. All these books claiming to be “The definitive” word on the show,….but no one ever hits this. Does Mark Altman’s book cover this?

There was the double-fisted on the spine hammer-maneuver that Decker does on the crewman in “Doomsday Machine” which Kirk does a lot.

Kirk does that double Karate chop to either sides of the neck in several episodes (“Omega Glory”), – – Gary Seven does it to Spock (and really cook and viscous like).

There’s the Jack Kirby/Captain America using your body like a battering ram that you show up top. And that bowling ball trick is very Kirby too.

There’s the thumbs under the ears/side of the neck approach that Khan does, and Tongo Rad later groovily uses it.

Lot’s of continuity that someone oversaw through all 3 seasons. In fact, that may be the most consistent aspect of the show. I just named it. I want writing credit for it. I want to know the real story. I want names, places,…all of that. I want every man on this story. Chop, chop.

I’d like to know.

5. Nigel says:

Best Captain ever…..never took any shat from anyone!

6. Bobert says:

These would be so much better without the text. Thought this would be great to share but passing on this…

7. Dave says:

Cue epic TOS fighting music! The horns!

8. Luke Green says:

Some of these are Hollywood exaggerations/nonsense but some are real. For example, the ear thing works by cupping air into your hands and slapping it into the ears at high speed, using your hand to close the exit. It produces a high amount of pressure and can shatter ear drums and since there’s a lot to do with a person’s sense of balance in there, that can go to. It is a very painful thing.

9. This is a good subject, btw, and on my birthday. I’m 50 on this day we speak of the 50 yrs of Star Trek.