Here’s some cool artwork from Jim Webb, the creator/artist/writer of the undeadly “Deviant Strain” comics that have graced our hallowed pages in issues #267 and #272! Feast your peepers on these wicked illustrations!
Jim Webb bio:
Since graduating from the SCHOOL OF VISUAL ARTS, I’ve worked in both the animation and comic book fields. My clientele includes the following animation studios, projects and television series:
• BROADCAST ARTS: Character design and presentation boards
• CURIOUS PICTURES and MAGNET PICTURES: Storyboards for a variety of animated commercials
• MTV ANIMATION: Storyboard revision for BEAVIS and BUTTHEAD as well as layouts for animated commercials
• NOODLE SOUP PRODUCTIONS: Storyboard for the VENTURE BROTHERS series
• 4KIDS PRODUCTIONS: Storyboards for TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES series
In the publishing field, I’ve worked for the following:
• MARVEL COMICS: Background inking for the SECRET INVASION series
• HARRIS COMICS, CLAYPOOL COMICS, DIGITAL WEBBING, COMICS ARTIST’S GUILD, MIRAGE STUDIOS, TEKNO COMICS, HEROIC PUBLICATIONS: Pencils and inks for a variety of independent titles
• RUBICON PUBLISHING: Pencils and inks for graphic novel “Unbelievable Phillip”
• DC COMICS: licensing department, creating action designs for their line of activity books
• NEW YORK MAGAZINE: Created comic book style spot illustrations
• KNIGHTINGALE STUDIO: Storyboards for Samurai Chinchilla animated short
• PRATT INSTITUTE: Taught storyboard class
I’m always looking for other outlets for comic book art. I’ve been fortunate enough to create comic art style advertisements for STRATEGO and logo designs for NEWSPEAKTV.
Currently, I’m working on my creator owned series THE ADVERSARY, published under ASYLUM PRESS.
Jim’s web site: www.knightingalestudio.wix.com/jimwebb
If you’re interested in the books written by Bryan Higby that Jim did the covers for, you can order them (and many other novels by Bryan) via Amazon.com