Artist Paints Murals of Women While Floating on a Surfboard

Hula

Painter Sean Yoro, who goes by the name Hula, is painting murals in a distinctly Hawaiian way—on his surfboard. Hula, who is based in New York City but originally hails from the Aloha State, has grabbed the attention of the street-art world with this novel approach; his subjects, all women who appear to be bathing or swimming, take on an extra layer of realism as their forms are reflected in the very real water below. You can see more of Hula’s work on his Instagram feed and his official site, Hulaaa.com.

Published on: May 23, 2015

Filled Under: Artwork, News

Views: 596033

, ,

44 Responses to Artist Paints Murals of Women While Floating on a Surfboard

1. A branch and the immensity.

On the pathway
    a dry leaf and
    the scent of
    a flower that
    shines in the
    morning to
    discover your
    sadness….

Francesco Sinibaldi

2. Hasan Jameel says:

Thanks for ones marvelous posting! I really enjoyed reading
    it, you can be a great author. I will make certain to
    bookmark your blog and will often come back from now on. I want to encourage one to continue your great writing, have a nice day!
    Here is my blog: http://healthfunclub.com/protein-dairy-products/

3. Hasan Jameel says:

Thanks for ones marvelous posting! I really enjoyed reading
    it, you can be a great author. I will make certain to
    Here is my blog: http://healthfunclub.com/protein-dairy-products/

4. Amazing. Im inspired

5. Wow he's a real professional of artists

• Anna says:

Great post with very amazing painting. Very creative and hard work to paint such a awesome painting using surf board. You rocks Man….

6. Soph Lolcatz says:

Have you tried digital art? 'Cause its damn hard. (especially without a graphics tablet)

7. Foamy Media says:

Great graphical pieces… really unique and original. Thats what we aim for when we construct a range of designs http://foamymedia.com

8. Darly Souza says:

Amazing artwork. Brilliant!

9. That's a paddleboard not a surfboard

• Marina says:

Missing the point sparrow. And Sean is calling it a surfboard…enjoy. spot correcting people…love.peace.joy.and happiness…..

10. Vk Kumar says:

Endless painting….. i like it.

11. Just saw this on Amazon: The Instruments of Classical Music by Various artists for $0.99 http://amzn.to/1B1GNDH via Amazon.com

12. Sam says:

*SUP Board

13. Bpk Mustafa says:

Good desing. I like

14. Janette says:

Really very creative images. You are a such wonderful painter. keep it up.

15. Daphne says:

Thanks for ones marvelous posting! I really love it

16. IndianMagz says:

Awesome Images. I wanna appreciate this artist.

17. Sarah Izyan says:

Marvelous Painting. All words are insufficient to appreciate to the painter.

18. An amazing talent. I’m amazed 😐

• Ankur says:

Sean Yoro,
      Sean your creaion ,creative,are awesome.i Love your painting and the place where u paint.You have creative mind from which u made these amazing painter who love stole my heart.Sean your painting are look like real person ….salute to you..boss…the god of painting…

• Ankur says:

Sean your creaion ,creative,are awesome.i Love your canvas and the spot where u paint.You have imaginative personality from which u made these astounding painter who love stole my heart.Sean you’re painting are look like genuine individual ….salute to you..boss…the lord of painting…

19. Painter Sean Yoro, who goes by the name Hula, is painting murals in a distinctly Hawaiian way—on his surfboard.

20. Martin says:

That is a paddle board, not a surfboard. His artwork is amazing without the paddle board.

21. wowwww! Really very creative painting. Amazing talent I love this.

• Ankur says:

Painter Sean Yoro,
      your painting are amazing and mind belowing.You use to impressing colour in your painting.I love to see my painting and always waitng for your new painting.hah…among all “Hula, surfboard muralist” is my favourate.

22. Julian says:

Beautiful stuff! That must be so hard to keep a steady hand while balancing on the sup board.

23. Nikita says:

Amazing! Great artists with very unique paintings.

24. Farnaz says:

This is something one can hardly imagine. Brilliant work!

25. awesome paintings. Imagine how hard it is to keep your balance while painting

26. You absolutely rock!! What a great art.. Marvelous. I like the picture “a Woman showing her back”

27. Angelina Jolie? Or at least inspired by her surely??

28. Incredibly, they’re really good. I’m curious about the soul

29. Darruda says:

It rocks, fantastic work!